In 2020 I will start running a course based on the Fundamentals of Movement. This won’t be specific Athletics event skills but amongst other resources, the Run and Jump components of the IAAF program designed for kids around the world.
The concept behind this is to teach kids skills that we used to learn through free play.
These skills can be utilised in any sport – Athletics, soccer, AFL, Cricket etc. Think; running style, feet, arm and head positioning, speed, acceleration, movement from low to high positions. It is drills based but variations will occur every week to build skills and working on speed endurance, recovery and pure speed.
This will run over 10 weeks on the dates below and costs will be the below:
- 1-week trial for $20
- 5 weeks for $100
- 10 weeks for $190*
- Location: Ruddock Park, Quarter Sessions Rd, Westleigh, NSW, 2120
- Day and Time: Monday 4.00pm to 5.00pm
Each session will be approximately one hour long.
- IAAF Games for Young Kids
- Athletics Australia Level 1 CAC Development Games
- IAAF Kids Athletics Fundamentals
- FFA Skill Acquisition Manual
- MiniRoos Training Participants Manual
- Monday 3rd February
- Monday 10th February
- Monday 17th February
- Monday 24th February
- Monday 2nd March
- Monday 9th March
- Monday 16th March
- Monday 23rd March
- Monday 30th March
- Monday 6th April